2–5 Main Square (Fő tér), 2000 Szentendre
Wednesday–Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
Ticket office is open until 5.30 pm.
+36 20 779 6657
Full-price: HUF 1400 Ft | 1700 Ft*
Reduced: 700 Ft | 800 Ft*
*Combined ticket: all FMC exhibitions can be visited with the combined ticket. For further ticket information, please click here!
Szentendre Gallery, hosting temporary exhibitions, is situated on the first floor of Trade House’s historic monument building on Szentendre’s impressive Main Square. Due to its traditional role and central situation it is one of the most significant exhibition spaces of the Ferenczy Museum Center.
Szentendre Gallery, hosting temporary exhibitions, is situated on the first floor of Trade House’s historic monument building on Szentendre’s impressive Main Square. An interesting feature of the building, which almost entirely dominates the square, is that it consists of 6 different houses that were all built separately in the 18th century, but were furnished with joint roofing in the following century. The original layout of the building complex can still be identified today: the owners’ stores were on the first floor, behind these the storerooms and the flats on the second floor. In 1977, during the reconstruction of the building as a allery, mural analysis revealed amazing Baroque frescoes.
The Szentendre Gallery was opened on 27 January 1978, almost exactly on the 50th anniversary of the registration of the Szentendre’s Painters Association. For a long time it was the only representative exhibition hall of the county that was suitable for hosting temporary exhibitions.
The founders defined the hall’s mission thus: “The basic idea was that the Gallery belonging to the Directorate of Pest County Museums would host exhibitions from the county and Szentendre, present the new acquisitions of the museum, organize exhibitions of significant masters within the museum’s scope of collections, and also house foreign collections.”
Szentendre Gallery hosts temporary exhibitions today, too. Due to its traditional role and central situation it is one of the most significant exhibition spaces of the Ferenczy Museum Center. A bookstore selling the museum’s publications and a restaurant are in its direct vicinity, and the local history exhibition is located in its basement.